Yup- WE, yes all three of us, and a few others, completed our second 1/2 Marathon! I am crazy, I know. Why would someone do that you say? Well, It is such a gratifying experience. The sense of accomplishment is AMAZING. I literally start crying at mile 13 and don't stop till after I cross the finish line and collect all my goodies (bananas, water, apple...you know, stuff to put in my body so I don't pass out!).
Now, I am not crying because of pain, I am crying because I made it. Me, Denice, a 34 year old, over weight mom of 2...I DID IT! That's why I am crying.
- Amazed that I trained for this
- Amazed that I had the mental power to keep going after mile 8
- Amazed that I have completed something many people never dream of doing
- Amazed that I did not pass out (or barf)
- Amazed that I did not injure myself
- Amazed that I have the strength to carry myself 13.1 miles
Photo Credit: Me!