It seems as the years fly by...literally, people are more busy than ever. I don't remember people being this busy when I was a kid. Things seemed to happen slowly, not as fast as they do today. I mean, I can't believe Cooper is going to be a year old in 7 weeks! Where does the time go?
Well, as people get busy, and time moves faster, it is a good idea to notify them in advance of upcoming events (wedding, parties, etc). I like receiving an advanced notice that there is an upcoming wedding. It makes it much easier to plan, you know...get the sitter and the hubby gets the time off!
Several of my friends have sent out "Save The Date (STD)" notices. They are usually a nice card accompanied by a refrigerator magnet that includes the event details and a nice photo of the couple. My friend Nicole designed and created her own Save the Date Magnet:
This one is from my friend Jody:
I did a little browsing and research on the Internet and found some really CUTE and CREATIVE ides:
1) Create a CD with all the Save The Date info on the front with a cute pic of the couple. When the CD is played it can have photos of the couple (birth to engagement).
2) Create a CD with all the Save The Date info on the front with a cute pic of the couple. When the CD is played it can have songs the couple likes.
3) Create a bookmark with the STD info and some photos
4) Lotto style(Party 411): This is fun for those who are hooked on lotto tickets, or those who might be having a destination event in Las Vegas!
5) Photo Booth (Young House Love): This is SO Cute! It really brings out a couples personalities. Here is another booth idea from a site with LOTS of Save the Date ides: JuneBug Weddings
6) Ticket Style (Party 411): This is just fun for so many reasons. Great for those who love sports, theater, movies etc.
Just remember, it's your event, if you can think it up, you can do it! Get creative, and have your Save The Date notice reflect you as a couple.
Here are a few pointers on sending these out:
1) Save The Date notice's are a MUST if you are having a destination wedding or event
2) Send them out 5-6 months in advance
3) If the wedding or event is during the holidays, a Save The Date notice is a MUST
4) A Save The Date notice is a MUST if the wedding encompasses the weekend (full of fun events)
Good Luck, and if you have used (or seen) a creative Save The Date notice, please share it with us!
Lotto: Party 411
Photo Booth 1: YoungHouseLove.com
Photo Booth 2: Junebug Weddings
Ticket: Party 411
Looking for that perfect gift idea? Maybe you are trying to be creative in your planning. Well, here are a few ideas that should help steer you in the right direction.
Valentine Drink Recipes:
1) The Valentini
A custom made drink from the King Of Martinis~Dan Minjares (Now that's an impressive gift!)
You can contact Dan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make in an Ice-Filled Cocktail Shaker
1.5 oz Stoli Raspberry Vodka
.75 oz Chambord
1.5 oz Cranberry Juice
.50 oz Triple Sec
2 Squeezes of Fresh Lime
Splash of Simple Syrup
Shaken and Strained into a Martini Glass
Float with a splash of Champagne
Garnish with a Cherry or Fresh Raspberry
All links posted here are merely suggestions for readers to enjoy. All images are used with permission and noted where they have been obtained from. To view a full disclaimer, please visit: http://kdcevents.blogspot.com/p/disclaimer.html