Nov 1, 2009

Halloween Fun!


So, yesterday was Halloween and we had such a great day! I love Halloween, it is fun and everyone seems to love getting involved. From the little to the old, Halloween knows no boundaries. People are even using this holiday to get MARRIED!!

I thought I would use this post to share some of the fun ideas I have come across.

My Friend and Sorority Sister Kim, is a huge fan of this holiday. Here are some recent pics of the "Spooky Cuisine" she served at her recent shin-dig:

Her Spooky Appetizer of Deviled Eyes... I mean Eggs & Severed Fingers or Lil' Smokies, and a Main Course of Worm Sandwiches (hot dogs). Thanks Kim for sharing!

Eyeballs = deviled eggs. I just added green food coloring to the "yoke" mix, put a sliced green olive on top and used red food coloring and toothpick to give it the bloodshot look.

Severed Fingers = Little Smokies. Take one package of little smokies and bluntly cut the ends off of them. This will make them look severed. Insert a sliced almond into the tip of the other end so it appears to be a finger nail. Cut 3 slits in the middle of the sausage. When cooked, this will look like a knuckle.

For the Main Course: Worm sandwich = basically hot dogs. Take a package of hot dogs and cut them into long strips. Boil them in water until they start to curl. Toss them in a bowl with ketchup (appears to be blood) and add to the bun. Super easy.

Then, there is always the Carved Pumpkins. People are getting very creative with these, Here are a few:





I also love seeing the creativity that comes out in costumes. I love when I see a homemade costume:



Well, there you go... you now have some fun ideas for next year! Thanks to all my friends for letting me share.
*hugs*

Denice


Photo Credit: Kim, Alyssa, Eileen and Myself!

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Glad you're back! Very sute ideas! I especially love the "eyes" =)

KDC Events said...

Thanks Leeann! We are glad to be back. I liked the "Severed Fingers" Lots of fun ideas for next year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Us

For more information, or to have us review a product or service, please email us at events@kdcevents.com

All links posted here are merely suggestions for readers to enjoy. All images are used with permission and noted where they have been obtained from. To view a full disclaimer, please visit: http://kdcevents.blogspot.com/p/disclaimer.html

ShareThis

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers